Saturday, December 15, 2012

All the Cool Art Kids are Doing It...

...so I done figgered why not. Lookit here! It's another blog!

Greetings and Salutations, Comrades! I'm Jason vonGermeten! I recently transferred to Brigham Young University to hit up their animation program and change the way your someday-children see the world! Also you. Change the way you.. see the world.

Or at least have fun dying to try!


As things go, I've yet to apply to the program, actually, but I've finished the premajor requisites, and I've got Christmas break and one semester to make it a rather slamming submission, up against over 100 others armed to the teeth with pencils and paper, out to spill as much creative fluids it takes to get to the top.. It's like.. the Hunger Games, except with art. :P

Anyhow, this here's my little nook n' cranny of the Interwebs, where I'll be looking for all sorts of excuses to make and show off my draws! And hey, let's face it. Who doesn't hope somewhere deep down that somebody who matters happens to be wasting their time and happens upon their little internet hole?


For a fancy, fancy kickoff, let's start with my 2D animation final, the Flour Sack Drop. Simple enough: Make the flour sack fall, land, and settle. I kind of got carried away in the fun bits and ran out of time before I got to the actual settling part. I haven't gotten my final scores yet, but I took a pretty nasty hit on my grade for turning it in late.. Goal #1: Remedy my life-long deadline problem.



I admit, though, watching this while I made it has made me giggle more than once. Manly giggles, mind you. YouTube link, if you want. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment